nickygabriel: (Default)
nickygabriel ([personal profile] nickygabriel) wrote in [community profile] crack_van2011-10-23 08:00 pm
Entry tags:

The Exhibition by Quill (PG)

Fandom: STARSKY & HUTCH
Pairing: none
Length: 9K
Author on LJ: not known
Author Website: HERE
Why this must be read: I love AU stories and this one is short and sweet and proves that Starsky & Hutch are together in every single universe ever created :)

They finally reached the exhibit just before their starting point. Instead of a single large painting, this artist - K Hutchinson - had contributed a group of smaller pictures - landscapes, with the occasional figure. Most of the flaws Starsky had complained about in other pictures were missing, but the colours in all of the pictures were faded as though they'd been left in strong light for too long.

"Well?"

"They're colourless. Like your eyes." Starsky turned bright red, clapping a hand over his mouth as the man stared at him in astonishment. 'Where did that come from?' he asked himself.

"Any other complaints about the pictures?" the man asked, a little weakly. Starsky looked at the pictures intently, willing the colour in his cheeks to fade.

"No. Actually, I think they're the best in the show. Just -"

"Too colourless." The man looked at him. "Any other complaints about me?"

As the fading colour resurged in Starsky's cheeks, the man turned and walked away.

The Exhibition

wow, cool!

[identity profile] georgiamagnolia.livejournal.com 2011-10-23 07:35 pm (UTC)(link)
I don't usually wander far from my established fandom favourites, but this story was perfectly wonderful and I thank you for pointing me to it, an excellent detour!

Re: wow, cool!

[identity profile] georgiamagnolia.livejournal.com 2011-10-23 07:46 pm (UTC)(link)
S&H isn't one of my usual fandoms, in fact I haven't seen an episode since it was originally aired, so this was a beautiful gem to find. I am now about to go seek out episodes online, because I can always fit another fandom in, right? Thanks again.

[identity profile] tucker620.livejournal.com 2011-10-23 10:42 pm (UTC)(link)
Loved it, thank you!^^